Friday, November 7, 2008

Salvador Dali


1. ”At the age of six I wanted to be a cook. At seven I wanted to be Napoleon. And my ambition has been growing steadily ever since.”
2. "Don't bother about being modern. Unfortunately it is the one thing that, whatever you do, you cannot avoid."
3. “Have no fear of perfection - you'll never reach it.”
4. “I believe that the moment is near when by a procedure of active paranoiac thought, it will be possible to systematize confusion and contribute to the total discrediting of the world of reality.”
5. "I do not paint a portrait to look like the subject, rather does the person grow to look like his portrait."
6. “I do not take drugs, I am drugs.”
7. ”It is either easy or impossible.”
8. "Mistakes are almost always of a sacred nature. Never try to correct them. On the contrary: rationalize them, understand them thoroughly. After that, it will be possible for you to sublimate them."
9. “Painting is an infinitely minute part of my personality.”
10. “So little of what could happen does happen.”
11. ”The difference between false memories and true ones is the same as for jewels: it is always the false ones that look the most real, the most brilliant.”
12. ”The first man to compare the cheeks of a young woman to a rose was obviously a poet; the first to repeat it was possibly an idiot.”
13. “The only difference between me and a madman is that I am not mad.”
14. ”There are some days when I think I'm going to die from an overdose of satisfaction.”
15. “There is only one difference between a madman and me. I am not mad.”
16. “Those who do not want to imitate anything, produce nothing.”
17. "We are all hungry and thirsty for concrete images. Abstract art will have been good for one thing: to restore its exact virginity to figurative art."
18. ”What is a television apparatus to man, who has only to shut his eyes to see the most inaccessible regions of the seen and the never seen, who has only to imagine in order to pierce through walls and cause all the planetary Baghdads of his dreams to rise from the dust.”
19. “While we are asleep in this world, we are awake in another one.”