Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Grief

Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal.

From a headstone in Ireland



In my Lucia's absence
Life hangs upon me, and becomes a burden;
I am ten times undone, while hope, and fear,
And grief, and rage and love rise up at once,
And with variety of pain distract me.

Joseph Addison



If you're going through hell, keep going.

Winston Churchill



If you suppress grief too much, it can well redouble.

Moliere



Loss is nothing else but change, and change is Nature's delight.

Marcus Aurelius, Meditations



“The risk of love is loss, and the price of loss is grief -
But the pain of grief
Is only a shadow
When compared with the pain
Of never risking love.”

Hilary Stanton Zunin



“Suppressed grief suffocates, it rages within the breast, and is forced to multiply its strength.”

Ovid



“No greater grief than to remember days of gladness when sorrow is at hand”

Friedrich von Schiller



No one ever told me that grief felt so like fear.

C.S. Lewis



When I am dead, my dearest,
Sing no sad songs for me;
Plant thou no roses at my head,
Nor shady cypress tree:
Be the green grass above me
With showers and dewdrops wet;
And if thou wilt, remember,
And if thou wilt, forget.

Christina Rossetti



I'm Gone now, but I'm still very near.
Death can never separate us.
Each time you feel a gentle breeze,
It's my hand caressing your face.
Each time the wind blows,
It carries my voice whispering your name.
When the wind blows your hair ever so slightly,
Think of it as me pushing a few stray hairs back in place.
When you feel a few raindrops fall on your face,
It's me placing soft kisses.
At night look up in the sky and see the stars shining so brightly.
I'm one of those stars and I'm winking at you and smiling with delight.
For never forget you're the apple of my eye.

Mary M. Green