Sunday, April 6, 2008

Miscellaneous

”It is not down in any map; true places never are.”

Herman Melville.



"Develop an interest in life as you see it; the people, things, literature, music-the world is so rich, simply throbbing with rich treasures, beautiful souls and interesting people. Forget yourself."

Henry Miller.



”Read, every day, something no one else is reading. Think, every day, something no one else is thinking. Do, every day, something no one else would be silly enough to do. It is bad for the mind to continually be part of unanimity.”

Christopher Morley.




"Reality can destroy the dream; why shouldn't the dream destroy reality?"

George Moore.




“The hours I spend with you I look upon as sort of a perfumed garden, a dim twilight, and a fountain singing to it. You and you alone make me feel that I am alive. Other men it is said have seen angels, but I have seen thee and thou art enough.”

George Moore.




“Better keep yourself clean and bright; you are the window through which you must see the world.”

GB Shaw.



“Nothing that comes from the deep, passional soul is bad, or can be bad.”

DH Lawrence.



»There is no such thing as sin. There is only life and anti-life.«

DH Lawrence.



”In bed my real love has always been the sleep that rescued me by allowing me to dream.”

Luigi Pirandello.




“Above all things, reverence yourself.”

Pythagoras.




“The purest and most thoughtful minds are those which love colour the most.”

John Ruskin.